Oakland, CA 94607 US
SPG Therapy & Education is currently hiring School Psychologists for school-based positions. SPG is dedicated to providing all employees with a unique mentoring program and maintaining strong, collaborative client relationships. SPG Therapy & Education is clinician lead and dedicated to helping kids. Come be part of a remarkable team that empowers real change in the lives of children and their families!
SPG Travel Psychologists travel to be onsite for assessments for one week out of each month, with the rest of month, duties are completely remotely.
*SPG's team coordinates all travel and accommodations!
Salary Range: $88000 - $105000
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct psycho-educational assessments for referred students in accordance with California Department of Education and Federal guidelines.
- Prepare comprehensive, legally defensible written reports of assessment findings with diagnoses and specific recommendations, in accordance with State and Federal guidelines.
- Certify pupils’ eligibility for placement in special education services, programs or classes in accordance with their individual physical, mental and emotional needs.
- Participate in Individualized Education Plan (IEP) meetings, following due process timelines.
- Provide counseling services to students, as needed.
- Provide consultative support to administrators, parents, students, school-based personnel and SPG staff on matters pertaining to special education procedures and guidelines, mental health issues, child development, student behavior, learning problems and relevant intervention strategies and recommendations.
WHY CHOOSE US?
- Focus on collegial support, mentorship and professional growth
- Diagnostic materials provided
- Special Interest Group memberships – Culturally Linguistically Diverse, Behavior and AAC SIGs are open to all employees
- Professional dues and training reimbursement
- Robust, very competitive compensation packages, including 401K with company matching, medical, dental and vision benefits
- California PPS Credential
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong speaking, writing, and listening skills and the ability to work as a collaborative and supportive team member
- Fingerprint background clearance
- Tuberculosis (TB) clearance
SPG Therapy & Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, disability, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.