San Jose, CA 95126 US
SPG Therapy & Education one of the most highly regarded groups of specialists in California, is seeking full-time and part-time school psychologists to join our multidisciplinary team of behavior specialists, OTs, PTs, SLPs, and mental health counselors.
***Sign-on bonuses starting at $1500 for full-time employees (prorated for part-time)***
Salary range: $88000-$105000 annually.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct psycho-educational assessments for referred students in accordance with California Department of Education and Federal guidelines.
- Prepare comprehensive, legally defensible written reports of assessment findings with diagnoses and specific recommendations, in accordance with State and Federal guidelines.
- Certify pupils’ eligibility for placement in special education services, programs or classes in accordance with their individual physical, mental and emotional needs.
- Participate in Individualized Education Plan (IEP) meetings, following due process timelines.
- Provide counseling services to students, as needed.
- Provide consultative support to administrators, parents, students, school-based personnel and SPG staff on matters pertaining to special education procedures and guidelines, mental health issues, child development, student behavior, learning problems and relevant intervention strategies and recommendations.
WHY CHOOSE US?
- Focus on collegial support, mentorship and professional growth
- Diagnostic materials provided
- Special Interest Group memberships – Culturally Linguistically Diverse, Behavior and AAC SIGs are open to all employees
- Professional dues and training reimbursement
- Robust, very competitive compensation packages, including 401K with company matching, medical, dental and vision benefits
- California PPS Credential
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong speaking, writing, and listening skills and the ability to work as a collaborative and supportive team member
- Fingerprint background clearance
- Tuberculosis (TB) clearance
SPG Therapy & Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, disability, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.